Monday, September 16, 2013

Scrolls

I started playing Scrolls! Yeah! It's awesome! I've been playing for approximately two days, and I've probably lost more games than I've won, but I'll be damned if it isn't a lot of fun. If you don't know what it is, I recommend you check out the official page. To summarize, it is a digital CCG (TCG, CG, whatever you want to call them) where you command one of four resources and use them to beat the ever-loving hell out of other people. It is currently in open beta, and if you buy it now for $20.95 US, you get it and all future updates for absolutely free.  This includes the release.

Now, on to the reason I am actually posting this crap: I had my first big victory today! I was playing against someone for the second time that day, someone who absolutely crushed me the first time. I tweaked my deck, and randomly got to fight him again later. I ended up dominating the board and winning, having taken only two damage to my totems/guardian/thingies. I am quite proud of how well I played and of how well my almost-complete deck operates.

Here is a screenshot:

Now that is what I call board control. I also wanted to share something that I haven't really mentioned online yet: I got my Chromebook last week! I'll probably post a review later. Maybe that's what I should do, now that I will be keeping a long-form blog. Yeah. Reviews. That's a good idea. Because I'm sure there's someone somewhere who would like to see what I think about things. I was able to play Scrolls via Chrome Remote Desktop from the Chromebook, with very little lag. So that's another thing I could probably review.

And now I am off to play more of this ridiculously addictive game. If you want to play, my in-game name is b4ux1t3. (WOW, Big surprise there) Warning: You will probably win. Later guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment