Monday, September 23, 2013

Life Update 1

Things I did this past week:

  1. Start playing Scrolls
  2. Start this blog
  3. Started playing Guild Wars 2 again
  4. Picked up a Java textbook
  5. Started watching Revolution
  6. Started coding again
  7. Recorded a bit of video about my move
Overall, I think it's been a productive week. Regarding 1 and 3, you can add me as b4ux1t3 in Scrolls or Bauxite Styllxia in GW2.

Revolution is pleasantly surprising. Then again, I probably shouldn't be surprised. I liked Lost, and I like Supernatural, and the big-wigs who made both are the ones behind Revolution.

Head First Java is probably the best learn-to-code book I've ever read. While it probably isn't the best for people who haven't learned the basics (it seems to assume you understand if/else, iterators, loops, and booleans), if you already know a language, even a procedural one, this book will have you learning Java really fast. Hopefully learning a more C-like language will bridge the gap between my Python/Ruby knowledge and my aspirations of programming in C++.  As it is, C++ is just not clicking.

FInally, I did actually start filming some footage for my confessional-style vlog about my move to San Fran, but unfortunately a lot of the footage was ruined by my using the wrong camera app on my phone. I hope to pick up where I left off this week, so that I can start getting subscribers and (hopefully) gain a fan-base to exploi- er, beg for money. I haven't figured out the details of the Kickstarter I plan on starting, but, as it is a secret to everybody (including my friends), I guess I have plenty of tie to hash it out.

Oh, whoops. Did I just type that out and am I really about to post it?

No comments:

Post a Comment